Singapore; a fine example of flawless human craft is worth visiting, no matter if you are planning to arrive here for a family vacation or considering it as your honeymoon destination. As you must be knowing, travelling Singapore along with kids is equally fun with an array of kids friendly places readily available to keep them busy, while you explore the surroundings or shop in the arcade. Similarly, the awe-inspiring sightseeing places that celebrate nature and solitude, provide as an alluring respite for the newlywed couples looking to brew up some romance. Indeed, Singapore offers a plethora of must see attractions combined with a number of activities that promise to keep you entertained all throughout your trip to this beautiful country. But, if your mind still fiddles with the question why to visit Singapore? Check out the following list of top things to do in Singapore that will finally provide you with the best of the reasons to visit here.
1. Hop-on Hop-off the City Bus tour
Different color buses take you for a Singapore tour to different parts of the city. If you’ve missed the first 9am bus, don’t bother…you can always get-into the second one. If you want to re-do a tour of a certain part…nobody can stop you till 5pm.
2. Catch the Ice cream cart to taste the Singapore’s National fruit – Durian Ice cream
Either as a scoop or sandwiched between breads / Wafers, the Durian ice cream at $ 1 is a must try whenever in Singapore.
3. Quench your thirst by Merlion
Leaving Singapore without capturing such a pose with Merlion is definitely not acceptable and not happening!
4. Go for prawning in Singapore
Lay back, fish a Prawn and feel accomplished at the following prawning facilities in Singapore, most of which are open for 24 hrs:
- Hai Bin Prawning, Punggol
- ORTO, Lorchen Charu
- D’lifestyle Corner @ Pasir Ris Town Park
5. Camp and Barbecue @ ECP
Enjoy camping and barbecuing by the seashore of the East Coast Park with family or friends!
6. Magic of Spectra at Marina Bay
Witness the captivating symphony of music, light and water, displayed everyday on free-to-public basis!
7. Cycling from Punggol Waterway Park all the way to Coney Island
Paddle along the park, relishing some beautiful scenery and sight of exotic birds on the way. Upon reaching the island, spend quality time basking with the turtle family!
8. Turkish Ice Cream at Clarke Quay
Giggle with the dodging moves of the Turkish ice cream vendor, who will reward you with a delicious scoop at the end!
9. Explore Little India in Singapore
Indians…feel home away from home while strolling onto the streets of Little India that perfectly showcases the Indian culture!
10. View Singapore from the Sands SkyPark Observation Deck
Book yourself to savour the panoramic view of the world-class cityscape and feel the bustling winds at Marina Bay Sands Skypark. And if staying in the hotel itself, then the entry is obviously free!
11. Board a River Cruise from Clarke Quay
You just cannot put your selfie stick down on your voyage from Clarke Quay to Marina Bay Sands, as you will be busy clicking some exquisite pictures with the extensive architectural wonders of the city!
12. Budget eating at Kopitiam
Indulge into the sinful eating of sumptuous local cuisine that are easy on the pocketbook. Singaporeans every day food is at Kopitiam, which is a comfortable dining experience found at every corner of the city!
13. Sky Dining on a Cable Car
Delight yourself with the mouth watering meal while enjoying a scenic ride on air! This best place to visit for a couple on a luxury travel, comes with three options:
- Mount Faber Line Round Trip
- Sentosa Line Round Trip
- Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass Round Trip
14. Dining at Singapore Flyer
Appreciate the breathtaking and awe-inspiring panoramic views of the entire island city on Asia’s largest observation wheel. And of course, take delight in the delicacies served up there on your luxury holidays!
15. Super Fun in Flying Kites
As kids attraction, kite flying come as an alluring option in the array of places like:
- Marina Barrage
- Sembawang Park
- Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park
- Jurong Central Park
- Punggol Waterway Park
- East Coast Park
16. Hook a Fish
Angling must be in your holiday plan when in this Island Country! Following are the options:
- Changi Beach Park
- Jurong Lake
- Lower Pierce Reservoir
- Woodlands Waterfront Park
- East Coast Park
17. Take your Kids to Water Parks and Play Areas
Visiting Singapore is good with Kids, with so many activities to do that are free as well as best for their indulgence! Like in:
- Lot One Shopper’s Mall
- VivoCity Sky Park
- Jacob Ballas Children’s Park
- IMM Water Play Park
- NEX Shopping Mall
- Science Centre Singapore
- Sembawang Shopping Centre
- Marina Barrage Water Playground
- 112 Katong
- North Point Shopping Mall
- Changi City Point Mall
- Tampines 1
18. Fun Filled day at Jurong Bird Park
Witness the Flying Colors in the Nature’s lap at Asia’s Largest Bird Park!
19. A Day at Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
Enlighten Yourself and Your Kids with Natural History Collections!
20. Visit an Open Air Zoo that Opens at Night
Feel the thrill of exploring Wildlife on a Night Safari!
21. Launch a Boat for a River Safari
Explore the wildlife on a bumpy boat ride, fun for both adults and kids! Comes with two options:
- Amazon River Quest
- River Safari Cruise
22. Fun at Singapore Zoo
Dwell into the wildlife adventureland, and explore the species of almost all kinds. Also witness entertaining shows here!
23. Cherish the Floating Colors at SEA Aquarium
Dive into the Sea without wetting yourself and feel one with the aquatic life at SEA Aquarium!
24. Relive the Kidhood at Universal Studios
Giggling with the famous cartoon characters, boarding the thrilling rides and dancing along the tunes of musical shows, is what Universal Studios is all about.
25. Do the Bidding and Try Your Luck
Wanna try gambling? Then it should definitely be done at one of the casinos of this fortunate island;
- Marina Bay Sands Casino
- Lido Casino on MV Leisure World
- Resorts World Casino Sentosa
26. Live the Nightlife of Singapore by Pubbing and Clubbing at Clarke Quay
Let your hair down, loosen your ties, and feel the night-pulse of this Lion-city!
27. Crane Dance at Resorts World, Sentosa
Witness the Love Dance of the Cranes and the transformation of the two into real birds!
28. Snorkelling in the Island
Plunge, to say ‘Hi’ to Singapore’s aquatic life in their natural habitat and explore their heterogeneity! Happens in:
- Pulau Hantu
- Sisters’ Island
- Kusu Island
- Pulau Jong
- Singapore Wrecks
29. Indoor Surf Riding at Wave house, Sentosa
So what if Singapore beaches have got no rushing waves, it has got its own wave house for surfing and stuff!
30. Bird Watching at MacRitchie Reservoir
Follow the melodious tunes of variety of colorful creatures residing in the nature’s hermit of one of the four reservoirs that make up the Central Catchment Nature Reserve, the largest nature reserve in Singapore and tourists’ favorite spot!
31. Reverse Bungy & Extreme Swing
Quench your thirst of thrill with the phenomenally heighted swing at Clarke Quay!
32. Go Kayaking
Walk-in to rent Kayaks to venture through the thick forest standing at the Rivers of Sungei Mandai Besar and Sungei Mandai Kechil!
33. MegaZip at Sentosa Island
Experience the Southeast Asia’s steepest zip wire adventure at Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa!
34. Skydiving Indoor
If you have fear of heights but still want to experience Skydiving, arrive at iFly Singapore and get ready to be blown away!
35. Cable WaterSkiing at Wake Park
Water Sport lovers…try this one too, one among the new trends!
36. Amuse yourself with Zorbing at Adventour Singapore
Roll down the slope or swim in water, in an air-cushioned plastic sphere and feel the fun!
36. Stand-up Paddle Singapore
Stand upright, paddle smoothly and navigate in the water of Mana Mana Beach Club at East Coast Park!
37. Crossfire Paintballs at Singapore Discovery Centre
Engross yourself in the multi-sensory experience of shooting paintballs!
38. Flying Trapeze at Siloso Beach, Sentosa
Another unique adventure sport of Trapeze swinging, but only if you have a bit of acrobating skills. A must try for the adventurists before they leave Singapore!
39. Jetpack at Sea-Breeze Watersports, Sentosa
Rejuvenating, of course, flying high above the sea wearing a jetpack!
40. Take a leap of Faith
To get an idea of how suiciding would feel if decided to jump from a building, try Parajump at Mega Adventure Park, Sentosa Island!
41. Adventure in the Woods
Overcome different forest obstacles, and be a Tarzan at Bedok Reservoir Park!
42. F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
Choose a Ferrari or Lamborghini and gift yourself a 15 / 30 / 60 minutes drive on the international F1 track to get your adrenaline pumping. Seriously, would be a dream come true!
43. Dine around Vintage Cars
If you or even if you don’t fancy vintage vehicles, dining around them at Kombi Rocks is surely a once in a lifetime experience!
44. Behold the Katong Antique House
A jam-packed antique house, which is more than a museum, portrays the Peranakan presence in Singapore.
45. Sip a Cocktail at the Secret Bar
Crack the code, by answering a question to enter into the library; an interesting bar renowned for its admission hassle and mouth watering concoction.
46. Roll on the Floor Laughing at a Comedy Show
Get tickled with dry humour or grab a good laugh over the dirty jokes at the comedy shows, organised by:
- Comedy Masala
- Talk Cock Comedy
- Comedy at Canvas
47. Go on a Shopping Spree
Shopaholics can go for a long bargain-hunting in the Bugis Street, then heading straight to Haji Lane. The two much-loved Alleys, that offer a phenomenal contrast of culture as well as shopping experience in Singapore!
48. 24 Hours long Shopping in Mustafa
Even if it’s midnight or early morning, you can never go out of stock if Mustafa is next to the aisle. But while you explore…just stay intact, as you might get lost in its overly stocked and overly extended building!
49. Flea Markets
Be it antiques and collectibles, be it style-centric second-hand apparels, or be it the works of the artists and designers, you will find everything and all in the pocket-friendly, weekly / monthly Flea Markets. Some provided with great music playing in the background! Following are the options:
- FleaWhere (every thursday, from 10am to 6pm)
- China Square Central Weekend Flea Market (every Sunday, from 11am to 6pm)
- MAAD (first or second Friday, from 5pm to midnight)
- Public Garden (Twice Monthly, from 1pm to 7pm)
- Zouk Flea and Easy (Quarterly on sunday, from 2pm to 7pm)
50. Quirky Shopping at Sungei Road
Once a thieves market where thieves hawked their stolen items, is now an attractive market for vintage collectibles like epoch cameras or old school coke bottles that can be bought for few dollars each!
51. Souvenir Shopping at Pagoda Street, Chinatown
No byes or winding-up of your holidays can happen without buying souvenirs for the relatives and friends from the array of shops lying in the Pagoda street!
With a hope of being useful with this elaborate list of top things to do in Singapore, that starts by taking an overview of the must-see sites on a bus tour, advancing with many adventurous, romantic and kids friendly activities. Whereas for the shopaholics, the unique marketplaces and lanes are also immense in Singapore. If all these indulgence excite you to plan a trip to this best managed country, you can anytime contact us at +91-9212553106 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer such incredible travel packages that are well curated to make your vacation fulfilling and trouble-free.