After a successful 1st Edition of Bird Festival in 2016, Goa is all set to host the 2nd Edition of the festival for the bird lovers. This popular tourist destination in India will be organizing the event in Cotegaon Wildlife Sanctuary in Canacona, South Goa between January 12 and 14, 2018. Goa that enjoys the existence of two different ecosystems, one influenced by the marine environment and the other by the terrestrial forest, initiated this quite an interesting festival that has the potential to offer birdwatchers an incredible experience with the chances of sighting as many as 432 species of birds. This festival in Goa that is hosted by State Forest Department is a way to celebrate not only Avifaunal diversity but also field trips, special events and a plethora of activities at Cotegaon Wildlife Sanctuary. A number of naturalists, bird experts, photographers and artists from India are likely to be the part of this 2nd Edition of Bird Festival. Let us quickly take a glance at the highlights of the festival below:
Highlights of the Goa Bird Festival:
- Bird Walks in Cotegaon Wildlife Sanctuary and Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary with experienced birders
- Addressing concern on Conservation of Vultures
- Sessions on various topics like Recording Bird Calls
- Technical sessions on topics like Drawing of Birds
- Film on birds/environment
- Workshop on Origami by WWF-India
- Cultural Programme
- Boat trip- Pelagic/sea bird viewing in Arabian Sea.
- Bird Photography Contest
Date: Jan 12 to 14, 2018
In case you are a bird lover this Goa Bird Festival is something you should not miss out on. Registrations are mandatory for people seeking to attend this festival. Let Tour My India make all your bookings and provide you with the best travel package to Goa. You can contact us at +91-9212777224 or send us an email at email@example.com for our varied tour packages. With us, your birdwatching holidays will only become better!
You may also like to read:
- Water Adventure Sports to Experience in Goa
- What makes Goa a Wonderful Holiday Destination in India?
- 15 Most Visited Tourist Hotspots in South Goa
The post Goa Has a Treat for Bird Lovers with its 2nd Edition of Bird Festival this Jan appeared first on Tour My India.